Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody, I have a 2017 Focus 1 litre N/A. I’m looking to build it a little bit, basically make a sedan ST, I know I could just go buy an ST but I like my little sedan. Plus I want something to use my shop for since I just sold my last car (2003 WRX). My question is: what can I use from the ST? The biggest problem I forsee will be the turbo system, so will the exhaust manifold cross over? Or will I have to fabricate my own? And can I put adjustments on the stock ecu to account for my f/a being to lean? Or do I need to buy a new ecu? I know some car companies make ecu’s that you can reprogram but some you can’t. Thank you for any help

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
If you have a 1.0 Litre Focus, you will NOT be able to use any engine components from the ST.... The 1.0Litre engine is a 3 cylinder, not a 4 cylinder.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,375 Posts
Haven't heard anyone swapping out the little motor for a st motor.....Its been done on the 4 cylinder sedans.....swap a st motor into it....You buy the little motor for mpg....

·
Registered
40 Posts
Contact OE Tuning and get a tune for your 1.0. I have their tune in my Fiesta 1.0 and it’s quite an improvement in power. Search my thread on the Fiesta Faction. I’m Fiesta_Hack over there

1 - 5 of 5 Posts