Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Aggresive Not Crazy
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So first of all i was doomed from the start. I wanted to lower my car with the conversion springs I bought 2 years ago. well i got the back lowered it looked awesome! then i went to work on the front and it was a pain to get the nut off the top of the strut, the whole strut would just spin,so i finnaly got it off and now it wont screw back on. it cranks mabye twice and thats it.I dont have a spring compressor to put the stock spring back on either.So now im fight to get it on for like an hour,but no luck. so i say [:)][:)][:)][:)] it,now im pissed and im stuck with a stock front strut a not so low front conversion spring and a lowered rear end. So i go home and order off ebay stock front struts for like $200. I drove my car for a week waiting for the stock struts.
Ok here's where im at not i've installed them and it sits about 2" gigher than normal what should i do? i do plan on putting on Tein S Tech Springs. The back end it stock and sits normal, should i hope that the front end sinks in and settles or what?!?!?

I dont like talking about conversion springs because i know you guys are 100% against it. I am now 100% against it too. i feel like i just completed my A.A. session of conversion Springs lol

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
Give it a few weeks. If it doesn't lower it you could always cut the extra length off the springs since you lan on uying new ones any way.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
please do not cut teh spring... just wait.

·
Gal. 2:20
1,999 Posts
just get another jack and use it to jack up the tire so the spring compresses then you could put the nut on. or just jack up your CA w/ another jack. Honestly I have no clue what I'm saying rite now cus I'm a bit tipsy....from lastnite...my buddy's bacholer party and I'm at work too...I'm screwed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts