Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search for someone who has done a conversion from manual to power mirrors and couldn't find anything good, so I'm going to ask.

In about a month I am going to strip all of the plastic pieces off of the car and send them out to be painted to match the car. However, I don't want to do this with manual mirrors if an aftermarket conversion to power mirrors isn't too involved.

I've never disected a power mirror before but I assume it's a dual motor system in which you can switch polarity to go the other direction. I could use some confirmation on that. If that is true then almost any power mirror switch would work and wiring would be simple.

As far as mounting goes - I see that there are some available on eBay for $50 ( here > ).

I dunno - looks kinda simple. Found a power mirror switch from a Taurus on eBay too which could be easily integrated into that panel where the manual knob is now.

Anybody have any suggestion, opinions or otherwise?

Thanks, Dave

·
Registered
892 Posts
A guy on ebay "autodan" parts out alot of Foci, I bet you could get the entire factory setup pretty reasonable.

I have manual mirrors also, but since Im usually the only one who drives my ZX3 I dont really need the convenience of electric mirrors. Its not like the same driver needs to adjust them all the time. Im leaving mine manual.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have no reason to do it either. I would feel kinda stupid spending a lot of money doing the conversion just for the sake of doing it. But I don't want to send my manual mirrors off for painting to find out I could have done it for $50.

Thank you for your feedback - I'm going to look that guy up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts