Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wandering if there are any adjustable rear lower control arms out there anywhere? I need to fix the camber issue on the rear of my ZX3, but all I can find is adjustable upper control arms. I think that if I get the uppers I will have issues with the tires rubbing the fenders once the wheels are stood up straight. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
JFrye

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I was getting the alignment done they told me that those were not adjustable on my car.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
How about adjustable "upper" control arms? They more or less do the same thing. SPC makes them and I'm pretty sure Massive (one of the FF approved vendors) carries them.

·
soon to be turbo!
5,728 Posts
I know the bottom one's are adjustable an the top one's are not (stock). do you have a picture of the whole rear set up?

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
I know the bottom one's are adjustable an the top one's are not (stock). do you have a picture of the whole rear set up?

Stock rear lower control arms do not have camber adjustments. The most popular way to gain adjustability are camber bolts in the upper control arms or replacemtn (adjustable) upper control arms mentioned above.

·
soon to be turbo!
5,728 Posts
Stock rear lower control arms do not have camber adjustments. The most popular way to gain adjustability are camber bolts in the upper control arms or replacemtn (adjustable) upper control arms mentioned above.
Um sorry to say ya they do, here ya go.

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
^^ I believe those are for the toe-in toe-out.

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
Hm. i was pretty sure when my mechanic moved it they went left and right, and not tilt left or right. I'll pay more attention when i get my alignment again the 22nd.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Those affect toe more than anything, but when you adjust toe, you also adjust camber. There is no adjustable lower control arm, the upper adjustables are your best bet. Your tires won't rub on the fender unless your car is lowered 3 inches with oversized tires. You want a little camber in the rear, maybe -.5 or so. Factory allows -2.3.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
^^ I believe those are for the toe-in toe-out.

I agree, these bolts are used for toe settings. I have stood right there (next to the rack) and watched. Rear camber from the factory (as well as front camber) is not adjustable without after market parts.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the info guys. I'm runnin 205/40/17's on the car and it looked like when I got it fixed the tires would have rubbed. Anyways, thanks again.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
I have seen a completely ajustable rear subframe for the ZX3 focus

Yes there is an adjustable rear subframe. If I remember correctly Massive or Capaldi Racing carries them. Its probably overkill when camber bolts or replacement upper arms will do more or less the same thing for a lot less money and easier installation.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts