Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a 2008 Focus. Does anyone know if there is a bushing kit for the rear upper & lower control arms? Or do I have to buy the control arms with the bushing in them?

Thanks, Dan

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
For stock bushings, replacement arms are the only answer I know of.

Aftermarket poly bushings are a major project to install, and are used only when you want a performance suspension that's much stiffer & not as smooth/quiet.

There are some good old threads with pictures & details on installation of that type, having a press to use is the only way to do it properly & easily.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For stock bushings, replacement arms are the only answer I know of.

Aftermarket poly bushings are a major project to install, and are used only when you want a performance suspension that's much stiffer & not as smooth/quiet.

There are some good old threads with pictures & details on installation of that type, having a press to use is the only way to do it properly & easily.
I have a 20 ton press. Do you know where I could buy a kit? I'm not worried about the luxury ride it's a focus. [histerical]

I would rather replace the bushings if I can. If not then to the dealer for new arms.

Thank you,
Dan

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Search for Prothane bushings for a start, CFM carries some for one vendor who advertises here.

Someone mentioned Energy Suspension in another thread I was reading, don't know if they offer a kit for the Focus.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Search for Prothane bushings for a start, CFM carries some for one vendor who advertises here.

Someone mentioned Energy Suspension in another thread I was reading, don't know if they offer a kit for the Focus.
Just sent them a mess.
Thank you, Dan

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
That's actually a nice looking set to include all you need...

Wonder where the Germans sourced it.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
That's actually a nice looking set to include all you need...

Wonder where the Germans sourced it.
For your limousine, Roger??? Sure is a great set.^^^

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ended up buying all MOOG parts. Control Arms, tie rod ends, A arms, sway bars. That company never wrote back to me.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
I ended up buying all MOOG parts. Control Arms, tie rod ends, A arms, sway bars. That company never wrote back to me.
Moog has good parts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts