Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1998 contour that is not running right now. I had just put brand new tires on it shortly before it broke down. If I remember correctly I think the bolt pattern is the same on the contour as the focus. So I was just wondering if I could pull the wheels and tires off the contour and put them on the Focus for the winter. My Focus is a 2003 ZX3, it is NOT the SVT. Has anybody else done this?

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
SVT and zx3 have same bolt pattern

people put SVT wheels on zx3s, and zx3 wheels on SVTs. full interchangability (provided they clear the brakes. i.e. cant put 15"zx3 wheels on SVT)

·
Registered
481 Posts
yes, I have seen SVTF rims on an SVTC, it's gotta be the same the other way.......see:

(how's THAT for a fast reply [;)])
IIRC SVTC originally came with 16". BUt 17" would be a nice factory upgrade. I too have considered contour rims on my Foci but once agin the biggest is only 16"

·
Rebecca
2016 Focus ST
18,797 Posts
Yes all FOci wheels and SVT Contour wheels are swappable. PErsonally, I love the SVTC wheels. They look like mini CObra wheels.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All contour rims and focus rims are NOT interchangeable. I could not put much 14" contour wheels on my SVT. They would not fit over the brakes. Now my question is this. Will my 14" contour wheels fit on a ZX3 that is NOT an SVT? Try reading the question before answering. Do not bother posting answers to anything other than the question I posted. It just makes you look stupid.

·
Registered
481 Posts
All contour rims and focus rims are NOT interchangeable. I could not put much 14" contour wheels on my SVT. They would not fit over the brakes. Now my question is this. Will my 14" contour wheels fit on a ZX3 that is NOT an SVT? Try reading the question before answering. Do not bother posting answers to anything other than the question I posted. It just makes you look stupid.
A friend of mine has 14in contour steel wheels on his 2000 ZX3 for the winter(even has the contour hubcaps). So the answer to your question would be yes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts