Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To make a long story short. I'm looking to construct a fully built turbo charged engine in my basement from the bottom up. This engine will be used on an automatic transmission. I currently have an '08 that's clearly under warrantly. It's my daily driver so I dont want to mess around with that engine. I've done engine transplants before. I used to own a '94 awd turbo talon & have worked on the 4g63 for many years. And if you know dsm's, you know they're headaches. My horsepower goal is between 250-300. I'm looking to get the best of the best when it comes to parts for this engine. If you had to choose the brands & parts to meet these goals, what would they be? Everyones opinion is appreciated. Thanks.

·
FocusFreak
2,438 Posts
go to www.focussport.com

find their street tuner challenge 08 focus dyno under "turbochargers"

replicate those mods. On pump gas/methanol injection you should see 350/400 respectively.

edit: oops, I swore i saw your power goals between 350-400, not 250-300.

Stock internals are ok up to about 260. Slap on a turbo kit, done.

Otherwise, Focussport 9.0:1 compression pistons and Cosworth rods if you want the best of the best internals.

·
Boost Addict
2,628 Posts
+2 to the two posts above me. :-D

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
eagle makes nice stuff too for internals

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
you can just buy a cosworth engine thats prepped with 250 horses

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
for $13,000

and its not built for boost...

·
FF Affiliate
31,102 Posts
I also have engine parts for the Dura engine as well as built short blocks and complete engines , I have 4340 steel cranks both stock and stroker as well

I can build you a short block cheaper then you can build it if it is done right

Tom

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
and Tom builds some bad ass motors

and when i say bad ass i mean BAD ASS

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tom, in your opinion, how would you construct the engine to reach the goals I'm looking to get. What parts, brands, & everything else would you use? Would you go 2.0 or 2.3L?

·
Banned
2,334 Posts
hell with everything else out there. i have never bought anything from tom , never met him, only have seen his finished work online and have only heard of what great motors he has built. i would go threw him had have him build a motor if i had the$$$$. 300hp all motor, that F-CKING HOTTTT!!!!

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
Tom is building my motor as we speak.

However mine is an SVT ZETEC which will be different than yours. I am not sure if the brands I am using make parts for your duratec.

....But if anyone can build you a motor, or give you great advice its Tom.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts