Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the air system in the Focus go continuously? I feel it, My wife feels it, I know its there, whats the deal?

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
A/C always on? Is your vents set to windsheild defog?

·
Registered
847 Posts
Like Egz said, if you have either of the defrost settings selected the AC clutch will engage, but the light for AC won't come on. It's fairly common practice now, the AC blows dry air to defrost the inside.

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
I think I know what you mean.... when I have the fan on 0, especially if it comes through the vents, I can still feel air come through. Not a lot, but noticeable. I assume it does so for Floor, etc too but I can't feel those as much as the vents. I wondered about that, but mostly if I don't want the air I just turn it to floor and ignore it.

·
Focus Addict
1,245 Posts
Even with everything turned off, you are still going to get airflow through the vents. This is actually a setting. It's set to "vent". Basically it just leaves the vent open and depending on how fast the car is traveling the airflows in slower or faster. If you want it totally off, you have to turn left knob all the way to the left and push the recirculate button. (the one next to the a/c button)

·
Registered
123 Posts
it does that in my focus too,i just figured it was like that in all cars and never noticed it till the focus bc its the smallest car my family has.

·
Registered
270 Posts
What it is, is that air is being pushed from the outside past the blower... its more noticable at higher speeds. If you hit the button for cabin air recycler it closes the outside vent. you can actually see it do it if you open your glove box, then push in the sides of it and it will drop even further and there is i believe the blower canister hit the cabin air recycler button and it will move.

·
Registered
875 Posts
eggyolk said:
t's fairly common practice now, the AC blows dry air to defrost the inside.
It also does this to lubricate the seals on the A/C condenser and other parts. Older cars' seals would dry out, crack, and leak freeon due to lack of usage in the winter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts