Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone purchased and installed the
FSWERKS STAGE 1 & 2 TURBOCHARGER KIT - FORD FOCUS 2.0L DURATEC 2008-2011
I am looking at it and strongly considering it and if I do buy it I will have to install it myself so I am wondering the ease of instillation. I have never installed a turbo before but I do still have decent experience.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
You should be able to do it. I'd for sure get their exhaust system too. What turbo would you get & what other options would you go for? I would of done that yrs ago, but didn't have cash to fix the motor if it took a dump. If the motor had forged rods/ pistons I would of installed it. It was like 4800. w/ the options I would have done.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I haven't really made any decisions. There is great little shop by my house that i would have check my work after to ensure my engine would be ok.
But I am looking at the Garrett GT28RS - 3" downpipe

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
There are a few ppl that have installed that kit. IK a couple that had to redo their motors.

·
Registered
428 Posts
As long as you keep it to 11 psi or less you will be fine. After 11 psi the rods start to go. Their kit is as easy as it gets. The clutch starts slipping at around 9psi, so be warned. An intake isn't required but helps. Cosworth and weapon R are some good options. The weapon R is a direct bolt-on, the Cosworth will require some modification to either the intake or power steering pump to fit.

·
Premium Member
8,343 Posts
installation is not hard at all if you are mechanically inclined.. ive helped install now two of their kits. one for zetec and one for duratec.

the part that is a PITA for the duratec is that the turbo is in the rear. unlike the zetec thats in the front.

as far as power wise as long as you stay conservative you will be fine.. a recommendation id suggest is also upgrading the clutch. youll thank us later once you try to do some WOT tuning and you start slipping lol

my buddy on their kit made around 277whp iirc.. stock internals..cossie manifold.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the info guys. much appreciated. My focus is stock right now and i have some other modifications that I want to do before I do the turbo and also need to save up some funds. I don't care that people say focus' are econ cars. The Ford Focus i an amazing car that can be amazing when tuned correctly. My previous focus proved that to me.

Cant wait to get started on this one

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
Thanks for the info guys. much appreciated. My focus is stock right now and i have some other modifications that I want to do before I do the turbo and also need to save up some funds. I don't care that people say focus' are econ cars. The Ford Focus i an amazing car that can be amazing when tuned correctly. My previous focus proved that to me.

Cant wait to get started on this one
I'd do some suspension mods & add a 2.5'' mandrel bent system. Yeah the foci is a pretty good platform. Have fun & happy modding.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
Dont forget traction. You will need differential another 800 for part.
Yea that^^^^^^ & I'd also add CFM's tubular A-arms.

·
Premium Member
8,343 Posts
oh yeah tires.. you need tires.. lol

when going F/I the list can go on forever it seems like

1 - 14 of 14 Posts