Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone im currently looking at the turbosmart FG-BOV-003DP32, which feature Three BOVs in one. The Dual Port can be configured to vent to the atmosphere, back into the air intake or both! Hybrid technology allows the user to convert a Dual Port to a Plumb Back or to a Supersonic.

and then im getting this pipe...

but from where this pipe is sitting, right before the FMI, will there be enought boost pressure to created to use all 3 type of feature for this vavle?

-Bunna

p.s. THIS IS FOR A PROCHARGER

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Fmi???

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if driverter valve the same as a by-pass valve, then yes it is, can can be. on the top it can be turned so more air or even all air coming out of the vavle is routed to the intake. by it has the feature that i can be splited off to the filter and out of the system(blow off)

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
To ans your question Yes. You will have to adjust it for each individual setting you use I imagine. You adjust it with the screw on the top.

·
Fear the TurboSnail!
6,625 Posts
That is the same dual BOV that is coming with my F2 kit. I'll let you know how I like it once it has been installed. Hopefully this weekend.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i don't think im gunna wait to long to get it, im collecting every part i need for my procharger.... almost there you guys!

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
but where would you mount this thing on a procharger? after or before the intercooler?

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
but where would you mount this thing on a procharger? after or before the intercooler?
I've seen a few guys do it before and after. On mine I'm running a BOV and it's way after the IC. I don't know why you would run it either way but I'm sure someone else can dime in.

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
It depends on how you plan on using it.

If your going to vent back into air intake then I would do it before IC.

If your going to vent to atmosphere then I would find a nice straight section cut it out and place the adaptor and place the BOV/By-pass there

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well i kinda want to run it as both, durring DD it would dump into the intake and then during racing, it would dump faster into the astmoshere...

thats how i wanted to run it,

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
No you can't....as soon as the valve opens it will relieve pressure, its not directional.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i think this one might work like this, when it under low pressure it dumps the by-pass way, and when there is enough pressure it dumps blow off.... well thats what i think atlease...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts