Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2013 Focus SE Sedan, nicknamed the Millennium Focus. She's like her namesake in that, I put allot work of into her, more than the average owner (maybe not the average FF user, ha!). But by far one of the flaws that's always irked me is the stock tires and wheels from the MK3 era. Even on the older RS and ST models, it isn't the hottest look imo. I wanted to know if it could be done (don't care if it takes money or time, just no kidding!) to swap the same size 16" wheels from the newer SE models like the MK4 and toss them and a set of tires into my car. The slimmer ones that are similar. I'll add a picture to the end of the post.

Tangent, but I'm doing winter tires next year for sure. If it snows. I want to be stylish as well as ready, as I just lost my oldest tire to climbing a ~15° exit ramp from a gas station doing a right turn. I stretched it into 30 seconds of agony. When in the summer prior, it took 4 seconds in first gear and I never went above 2000 RPM. Usually painless and forgettable. This time all the snow and the angle (plus the extra weight of my cargo) nearly ruined an otherwise normal turn. TPS had her episode and my heart sank. Had to go back and then shamefully park her at home and swap on the spare. Ugh. Poor car can't get a break from me and my antics let alone mother nature. I swear, next car will be an AWD Fusion and I'll carry the name over.

The wheels:
Screenshot_20200206-022241.png

·
So mote be it
8,937 Posts
You can fit any focus wheel from '12+. They will bolt right up and have a favorable offset. Just match the tires accordingly so your overall height is no greater than +/-5% you oem height (overall diameter.) New OEM wheels from most places tend to be expensive, more so than they are worth. If you can find used ones someone is selling, that would be your best bet. Finding the mk4 focus wheels in the US will be complicated, you'd most likely have to import them.

you can compare all the wheel stats for the new ones vs yours here:

The import stats; bolt pattern and center bore are all the same. The widths/heights and offsets are all pretty much the same too

Alternatively, if you find aftermarket ones with a simliar look, that would save you money.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts