Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the thread title says, I'm a bit confused...

Are the front speakers in the door on the 2008 SES Coupe, 5x7 or 6x8? If both fit... which one requires an adapter to screw in properly?

Also, any speaker recommendations? I'm not looking for better bass or treble or whatever. Just more volume over stock. With the FSWerks race exhaust, and the windows down, it becomes very hard to hear the stock speakers even at full volume.

So far these have caught my eye... http://www.crutchfield.com/p_236TDX68/MTX-TDX68.html?tp=105

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
The actual size is 6x8 but a 5x7 will also fit hence why the list the 6x8/5x7. I don't think you'll need adapters with either size though that could be dependent on which brand you buy and it's mounting holes.

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
You will see a giant benefit by hooking up an actual amplifier that puts out 50-75 RMS per channel.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah but I just can't be bothered to do any wiring until I have more free time. Speakers I can do in 20 mins. These door speakers are easier then rear deck speakers in which I was inside my trunk on my old car. Eventually I will probably put in this old Rockford amp I have in the house along with this sub. But then I'm looking at a new head unit and I just don't want to go that far yet

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Eh. I threw those Pioneer speakers in there with the Metra adapters and all is well with my ears. They're not too picky.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I went with some Kicker 5x8s all around in my car. They mounted better than stock, and have great mids and highs. I did lose some bass compared to stock, but I plan to fill that void with a pair of 10s.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I too noticed a small lack of bass, but eventually I will have a sub in the trunk and won't care.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have Alpine Type R (SPR-68) all the way around on my 2006. They are 100w RMS each. With a good amp (Kenwood Excelon XR-4S) that pushes enough power they are loud and clear. Not cheap though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts