Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I did search and didn't find an answer. Will the 00-04 condesor fit in the 05? The reason I ask is that it seems it would be cheaper to purchase a used condensor and install it myself, then take it in to get charged.

All because of some stupid rock on the freeway. Anyway, Ford is asking 500 to replace and recharge the unit themselves. I basically haven't had A/C for over a year. Since the damage is not covered under warranty. It's getting hot and I am ready to get it fixed now. But I still want to save some money.

The reason I ask the quesiton above is that I can't seem to find a new or used condensor for the 05.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Answered my own question by looking at fordparts.com. The answer is yes. Sorry for not doing enough of my own research.

·
Late for Dinner
15,332 Posts
why not pull it and have a welding shop repair the damage? it would be alot cheaper. radiator shops can do this too and would probably be better since they can pressure test it after the repair. wouldnt think it would be too much this route and probably have it back the same day.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts