Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey!

I'm new to posting on the forums but I've been reading through them for a while. You guys have helped me solve a lot of my problems on my old focus and helped me decide which one to buy this time around. So thanks! This time I'm gonna need to post my question though. Cannot seem to figure this one out with research.

So on to the issue. I have 2012 Focus SE Manual Trans. with 47,000 miles. I've never had any issues with it until today. After work I vacuumed out my car and afterward it wouldn't start (only vacuumed for 5 minutes so it's not like the battery would have went dead).

When I turn the key I hear the engine click twice and the lights and computer flash off then back on. Also when I turn on just the computers I notice all my trip meters reset and my settings seem to reset because the temperature is in Celsius.

From my limited knowledge of cars sounds to me like the computer has glitched and somehow locked me out from starting the car but I'm not entirely sure. I've tried jumping the car via popping the clutch and it will not start. When I get back home I plan to try to jump it with cables and unplug the battery and plug it back in. Assuming neither of those work anyone have thoughts on what I could try?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey!

I'm new to posting on the forums but I've been reading through them for a while. You guys have helped me solve a lot of my problems on my old focus and helped me decide which one to buy this time around. So thanks! This time I'm gonna need to post my question though. Cannot seem to figure this one out with research.

So on to the issue. I have 2012 Focus SE Manual Trans. with 47,000 miles. I've never had any issues with it until today. After work I vacuumed out my car and afterward it wouldn't start (only vacuumed for 5 minutes so it's not like the battery would have went dead).

When I turn the key I hear the engine click twice and the lights and computer flash off then back on. Also when I turn on just the computers I notice all my trip meters reset and my settings seem to reset because the temperature is in Celsius.

From my limited knowledge of cars sounds to me like the computer has glitched and somehow locked me out from starting the car but I'm not entirely sure. I've tried jumping the car via popping the clutch and it will not start. When I get back home I plan to try to jump it with cables and unplug the battery and plug it back in. Assuming neither of those work anyone have thoughts on what I could try?
Hi, I have the very same problem with my Focus, can you tell me how you solved problem please.

·
Registered
17,459 Posts
The guy was last here in 2015.

Check your battery, likely what his issue was.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts