Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, which computer reflash program do they do on the SVT to update.
Second, I tryed to get them to update because the battery light kept going on and they replaced the altenator instaed becaue it was bad. They said since the altenator was technally the problem they want to change 40 bucks for it. But it just does not run right. Is there a clause in the warranty, that says anything about the car acting funny, so the computer reflash is covered.

·
Registered
24 Posts
i don't understand how they could charge you for warranty work. alternators usually last for a very long time. how many miles could you have? i'll bet your battery light will still flash, put in a search in this forum for "tsb's" and you'll find it. there's been alot of talk about this..print it up and bring it to the dealer.. i already had this done on mine. it wouldn't start in the cold and l the battery light kept flashing at me.. it seems to be fine know.. there are too many people having this issue.. and this is what corrects it.. when i called the dealer to make an appointment they told me it was probably a loose wire to the alternator that was causing the problem..so i brought them the tsb info and they flashed it for me.. give that a try.. i wasn't charged for it.. if they give you a hard time telll them to detail your car, under the svt deal they have to do it for free. show them the book and give them the svt number if they have a problem.. good luck..

·
Registered
134 Posts
Why are they going to charge you $40? Is your car no longer in warranty?

The reflash is YRF0. If you go in asking for it, they will tell you to go piss in the wind. If you tell them it is stalling, the engine revs hang long between shifts, and overall driveability is poor they should do some homework and fix your car. You might mention to them that you read something about a reflash.

A thread started in September goes over everything you would want to know about getting the flash done. http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1116&highlight=yrf0

Good Luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts