Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If computer updates such as V2.10 to V2.11 are for Sync/MyFordTouch issues only I probably wouldn't bother because those are working OK for me. If the updates potentially update engine and transmission controls I probably would want to stay current. Does anybody know if engine/transmission control is or might be updated with these updates?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I had a Ford tech tell me that newer FoFo's are coming from the factory with updated shift mapping, and if you're having problems with your older FoFo, they can apply the update which usually fixes the issue. So yes, the shift mapping is capable of receiving updates. I also, would like to know if either system get updated separately or together. How many computers can a car have these days?[hihi]

·
BACON?
3,170 Posts
I work for SAAB. The cars have been completely computer controlled for a while now. Updates are continually released. On these cars each individual module is updated separately.

I would be very surprised if Ford can manage to update all modules at one time. I would think there is different software update for each module.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
If computer updates such as V2.10 to V2.11 are for Sync/MyFordTouch issues only I probably wouldn't bother because those are working OK for me. If the updates potentially update engine and transmission controls I probably would want to stay current. Does anybody know if engine/transmission control is or might be updated with these updates?
The 2.11 update is for the APIM module and does not change the PCM (engine control) or TCM (transmission control).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts