Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
supp guys. i need an idea of what kind of chip i want in my ride. im looking for power and not too worried about gas milage. thanks..

·
FF Affiliate
30,935 Posts
I can do you a chip or a flash , I would do the flash because it gives you a scan tool and datalogger as well as resets and reads the CEL if it comes on

xcal3 is 379.00 and 20.00 for shipping and comes with my custom tune and free updates

Tom

·
2focusedracing
1,799 Posts
^^Tom's your best bet[thumb]sct is awsome!!

·
Registered
891 Posts
the flash is the xcal3, the tunes come on it and u load them into the car, and if need be you can put the car back to stock.

i have the older xcal2 and i love when i throw a CEL and see what the problem is. with the chipped one you cant do that.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
is it worth it? and what are the benefits? like more acceleration or rev limit

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Little bit m0re WHp, torque, save fuel, better pick up.

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
SCT makes really good stuff like tom said. I have the xcalibrator2 which is the same as the 3 except you can have 3 custom settings for the xcal3 and xcal2 only holds 2. greatest investment you can get. 2 step drag launch rev limiter(when you're sitting still you can set the rev limit at say 3500rmp so you can hold the gas to the floor and pop the clutch and take off without spinning tires so much getting a better launch, and its fully adjustable i think anywhere from 2500rpm to 4500rpm) you can advance and retard the timing a little with it tweak how rich or lean the car runs decide at what temp you want the cooling fans to kick on(which is great if you have a car that likes to run hot) and on the drag files the alternator is automatically cut off at wide open throttle giving you that much more power because that is one less thing pulling power off the motor. there are lots of other cool features as well as gas saving that utelitize premium gas to get the best gas mileage and data logging which is a little more expensive because you have to buy the software but its a great program. i think every focus owner whether they are a tuner or not should own one.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
how do you load it on your car? i wanna buy one.. i really want the 2 step lol, and some power would be lovely
Head on over to the ECU thread on FF. You will read all you want about tunes!
You didnt notice the date on this thread did you? LOL

1 - 15 of 15 Posts