Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i ahve a question for the big tuners out there. what compression ration should i look at to nicely spool a focus power turbo kit on pump gas to make roughly 300 whp.

i know i need forged rods and pistons and that tio keep it from exploding i have to drop the compression slightly (or so ive heard.)

so enlighten me so i cna have the next phase in planning.

·
Registered
305 Posts
i ahve a question for the big tuners out there. what compression ration should i look at to nicely spool a focus power turbo kit on pump gas to make roughly 300 whp.

i know i need forged rods and pistons and that tio keep it from exploding i have to drop the compression slightly (or so ive heard.)

so enlighten me so i cna have the next phase in planning.
Most run about 9.0 to 1.

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
No I wouldnt recomend it, but thats not to say no one has done it.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok so i ahve to find forged pistons in the 9.1 range. all i can thing of is probe ore eagle. i ahve heard stories of probe pistons melting under the pressure. what do you guys typically run?
(lol i'm beign a super big copycat here[giggle]

·
I.S.A.I.K.I.
5,413 Posts
^ I think that in those instances, the guys who melted their Probe pistons weren't running on too good of a tune.

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
JE also makes pistond and so does supertech

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
Pistons

JE
Maul
Probe
WISECO
DIAMOND
SUPERTECH

Rods:
Eagle...just get them

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the supertech's are 8.7 to 1 on massives site. it would lower my total output but they seem to be set up the most for boosting. i'll probably get a set of them.
as fora head my guess is a fr stage 2-3 head
crane stage 2 cams and camgears. that should do it right?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Save your money on the cams and put it towards something else. You can make a lot of power with the stock cams.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK. lol.

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
You do not want larger cams with turbo, that would be a downgrade.

Now Cam gears, that would be an investment so youcan dial in the power with your dyno tune.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
^^^^Not nessacerally (wow i butchered the spelling there) The stock SVT cams are about the same size as the FR 3's.... and we make great power.

·
Token Engin-nerd
3,414 Posts
insert link we all remember where the sponsors duked it out and finally agreed that the cost of cams is not worth it

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
lol wow! i didnt know that cams could cause a problem witha turboed engine.

·
Token Engin-nerd
3,414 Posts
not a problem if you dial out the overlap

its just that the $350+install is not worth the HP you can also gain by adding 1-2psi of boost

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
But depending on the cams you can gain power down low where turning up the boost has no effect.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts