Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey-

i know some of you audio freaks spend hours online looking for the best deals, so help me out. i blew the woofers on my sony 5.25" components almost a year ago. now i'm thinking about picking up some q-logic kick panels and moving everything to the floor. so, where can i find some good stuff cheap? i'm thinkin i want 6.5" woofers now since that's what the Q-Logic panels will hold. Just looking for the woofers, though. the crossovers and the tweeters r fine.

Mike

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
I had the kicks in my old truck and that is what I paid. They don't get much cheaper. Try e-bay. There are a couple people there who sell them and they might be alittle cheaper.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
I was so stupid. I was looking everywhere and could not find them. I am going to order them from sounddomain soon. That is a good price too.

·
Focus Enthusiast
2,208 Posts
what color do you need? i got mine from thezeb.com for $140 shipped (don't forget aobut shipping costs) but are now $125 shipped ( http://thezeb.com/caraudio/q-logic_q-forms.html ), i have some black ones that i'm not using anymore since i made my own, i used them for molds to make custom fiberglass ones, they are sitting around my house now, the focus kick panels won't fit 6.5" size speakers unless you mount them from the back (the speaker goes on the backsideof the kick panel and you put the screws through the bottom and put a nut on the top), so mine are already cut to fit 6.5" speakers. i had a flushmounted 1 inch tweeter in mine. there is one scratch on the bottom of the passenger side kick but it is impossible to see since that part faces the floor and since it's black. if you or anyone is interested in a good deal on these let me know.

- Scott

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
They are one of the sweetest sets of components I have ever heard. talk to sa_pyro_ne about power. They hadle decent power and will sing with around 100-120 watts.

I just remembered that I cannot really get the Q-forms because it doesn't leave me a place to put my left foot. Need comfort more.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
think i might buy a set of those, then (as soon as i can get my tax return in, that is!).

pyro, you have PM, but i'm also curious as to what your opinion of these components are since you seem to be the resident expert around here.

Mike

·
Focus Enthusiast
2,208 Posts
i dind't like the idea of losing that spot either but i got used to it, i'm 6' 1" and my brother is 6' 4" and we still have room to be comfortable when driving a focus. i think they are worth it but that's just my opinion, and aobut those cdt componets, for the moeny they are a really good choice, i have them and they are amazing, can't get anything better for that price. i put about 125 clean watts rms to mine from a good quality amp. i wouldn't put much more than 125, maybe 160 but your pushing it. if you wnt something that can handle more get the carbon fiber series, it's $50 more and can handle alot more power. they are rated at 110 or 120 watts rms while the 61a's are rated at 90 watts rms. those are the same componets that are fitted for my kick panels also in case you were wondering.

- Scott

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
I am around 6'2" but have to use the dead pedal area to rest my left foot. It is uncomfortable with the prosthesis to have my knee bent too much for long periods of time. Otherwise I would get them

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i sincerely doubt i'll push anywhere near that much power too them. i'm running everything off a 5-channel sony that peaks at about.....well, i dunno exactly but i know it's not that high. the amp is only like 800W or 880W or something like that and at least 300W is for the mono channel.

nice to know about the fit. i read up on these guys by doing a search in google. all of the car audio forums that have talked about these guys love 'em! the only downside i read about was that some were having troubles with fit since the magnet and basket on this guy is apparently pretty big.

Mike

·
Focus Enthusiast
2,208 Posts
if anyone wants to see what my kick panels look like that i have for sale check http://www.cardomain.com/id/shutout31 , most of the marks aren't visible when looking close when they are installed (they are mostly on the bottom lip of where the speaker is or covered by the car's trim when installed) they are black so when installed and not looking close i don't think you'd be able to see any of the marks, black hides that stuff pretty well.

- Scott

1 - 14 of 14 Posts