Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys go ahead and lol but i have my head hurtin from tryin to figure out what component speakers are? but after someone tells me i will probably be like Hey i knew that the whole time. SOOOOO PLLLLLEEEAASSEE TELL ME.

THANKS

·
Registered
1,445 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^^thanks i told you i would know what it was when i saw it. clear over my head too lol

·
Jetsetter
6,654 Posts
yes, and component speakers are freakin sweetttttt

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah but does anywhere have them in a 5x7 or 6x8?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
okay so i was just on crutchfield and man they went over $850.my mouth about hit the floor. lol

·
Registered
32 Posts
I had 6x8's in my front doors.Went to home depot and got some thin sheet metal and fabricated a mount so i could install 6.5 components in doors. Put the tweeds higher on my door. Came out alot better. Simply 2 pairs of 6x8's in the car is too much mids.

·
Jetsetter
6,654 Posts
I had 6x8's in my front doors.Went to home depot and got some thin sheet metal and fabricated a mount so i could install 6.5 components in doors. Put the tweeds higher on my door. Came out alot better. Simply 2 pairs of 6x8's in the car is too much mids.
thats what you gotta do, you can find some aready installed in a "plate" that will fit the stock door opening, you should be able to find a really good set of components for around $200, and yes they are worth the extra cash

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
yeah my infinity kappa 6.5 inch components go for 250 for the pair....love em to death!!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks guys for the input

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
fuly, i was reccomended the boston sl80 plate component setup. i dont know what your budget is, but i'm reccomending them to you as well.they are around 300 a set.

or you cna go a lot cheaper and get the kenwood plate setup. its not a good sound wise bt its budget freindly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts