Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This car can't even get out of its own way from a stop. It seems to run fine otherwise - no unusual noises, but just slow as crap. Also, my gas mileage is in the low 20's - not quite what I expected for a 4cyl. Is this typical??
Thanks guys!!

·
Registered
336 Posts
My wife has a 2003 zx5 zetec auto [stock] and mine is a 2000 zx3 zetec manual [lightened with a few minor mods and flash tune] She gets about 24 mpg in the city and i get about 29 but i have to run premium gas.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My wife has a 2003 zx5 zetec auto [stock] and mine is a 2000 zx3 zetec manual [lightened with a few minor mods and flash tune] She gets about 24 mpg in the city and i get about 29 but i have to run premium gas.
I've always had better gas mileage with manual transmissions for some reason. A tune up will be on the schedule now within the next couple of weeks.
I need to look at the odometer again, but I'm thinking that it has around 80-85k miles.

·
Registered
345 Posts
my car is almost to 100k atx and i see 24 mpg if im driving like a mad man with my right foot to the floor, you should definitely do a tune up replace liquids check air filter, fuel filter, spark plugs ect. that should help with the gas mileage at least

1 - 5 of 5 Posts