Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Are the steering rack on all the foci the same? Well, I am thinking about replacing the steering rack on my 2001 Focus ZTS and I am wondering if I can use the ones from the newer models like '09 or '10 focus models. I found some wrecking yards around my area that have the old and newer focus steering racks. Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

·
DTC P0606
3,364 Posts
I'd stick to the first generation 00-04 non-SVT Foci for donor parts. I doubt very much the later model racks ('08 up) are interchangeable with the earlier cars but don't know for sure. A parts number lookup would be your best bet for confirmation. (Sorry, my records end at '05.)

·
Registered
16 Posts
No I belive the duratech racks are different than the SPI/Zetec/SVT racks. I know for sure the SVT rack is different inside but will bolt right in.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys for the input. I will be going to a yard parts sometime this week and compare them. I'll report back here later.

·
WRX/Focus:)
4,940 Posts
No I belive the duratech racks are different than the SPI/Zetec/SVT racks. I know for sure the SVT rack is different inside but will bolt right in.

Yes the bolt pattern between Zetec and Duratec are different.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts