Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
you mean the rear cross-member?

It's attached to everything in the rear except the exhaust and gas-tank...
So, it's basically the frame that holds the brake assembly, lower control arms, sway bar mounts, spring perches... lower shock mounts... (probably some more I'm missing)

Is that what you're talking about?
(possible looking at the new rear cross member advertised in the new Ford Performance Parts catalog which offers camber adjustments?)

Or are you talking about just the springs and shocks?

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i guess that's what i mean. idk i was looking over the parts from focussalvage and saw a complete rear suspension dropout. i know it has to be the cross member but wasn't sure if it would include the control arms too, sway bars, etc.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
you can swap them out no problem... It's the same part for all focus, except wagon, I am sure...

problem is it weighs like 80 lbs, so have some support jacks handy.
Also Air-tools, and big torque wrench will are important...

Get the torque specs from a workshop manual, or tech sheet or something.
Don't tighten bolts, and assume it is about the same as before.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i was just wondering because my rear suspension members are starting to rust. i'm just looking ahead in case i ever need to replace the parts. i've been thinking about trying to restore my car back to mint condition, and the underside of my car is a concern of mine. so far i've scraped and removed all the rust i can see from the rear but i'm sure i didn't get it all and i know once it starts it never stops.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Foci_Fosho said:

Get the torque specs from a workshop manual, or tech sheet or something.
Don't tighten bolts, and assume it is about the same as before.
where can i get torque specs or a workshop manual with these specs?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts