Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I actually have this posted in the forced induction section also. Just wanted to see if any one has had experience with this product. I installed a Competion Clutch Stage 4 set up in my car. I dont like how high the release point is. I have talked to a bunch of guy`s on here, every one says that`s just the way it is. Well I think I found the solution to adjusting the pedal to where you like it. It`s the Ram Clutch Hydraulic pedal adjuster. Here is a link. If any one has used it let me know. If not I have ordered it and we will see if it does what it claims.

http://www.ramclutches.com/Instructions/78300.htm

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Let's see if I understand how it works,

You have the input line. That fills a reservoir which has a plunger and spring. The set screw adjust the distance the plunger can travel, which determines the amount of pressure on the output line.
Basically it multiplies the line pressure which reduces the total peddle travel. It functions just like a FPR, but at significantly higher pressures.

Only reason I mention this is I think it's a bit expensive just to try on a whim.

Thoughts I have,
Wonder what an adj. proportioning valve could/would do?

I know the clutch masters are junk, so it'd be nice if someone has a junk one to cut it apart and see if it's possible to change the design some ... adj rod and stiffer relief spring.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Let's see if I understand how it works,

You have the input line. That fills a reservoir which has a plunger and spring. The set screw adjust the distance the plunger can travel, which determines the amount of pressure on the output line.
Basically it multiplies the line pressure which reduces the total peddle travel. It functions just like a FPR, but at significantly higher pressures.

Only reason I mention this is I think it's a bit expensive just to try on a whim.

Thoughts I have,
Wonder what an adj. proportioning valve could/would do?

I know the clutch masters are junk, so it'd be nice if someone has a junk one to cut it apart and see if it's possible to change the design some ... adj rod and stiffer relief spring.
I had the same idea with the proportioning valve, but I couldnt think of a way to keep the the travel , or the start of the pressing of the release bearing at the same point every time ? You would still have to have a seperate reservoir ? or how about a hydraulic accumulator ? I have seen some one on here replace the master with a unit from Tilton. But that is because the master are junk. It is a little steep on the price. But if it does what it says, it will be worth it. I talked to the techs at Ram, and they said it will work on any hyd clutch. But i would have to come up with a way to install it in the Focus line. But i have access to a Hyd Line Crimp at work , so making up a new line wont be a problem...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts