Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how does the zetec compair to the pvez foci? how does the zetec compair to an integra, non gs-r and the gs-r? thanks.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
about how much faster is the pvez than the zetec?

·
Registered
58 Posts
So basically u put a good underdrive pulley kit on your focus and u have an equal or more amount of power than the pzev

·
Registered
58 Posts
this is true i am just saying for the 10 more ponies or more, it would be worth it to put on a 75 dollar pulley than do a 1500 dollar motor swap.

·
Registered
58 Posts
i dunno... why would he.... most people would ask that if where thinking about doing a swap.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
In all honesty the only engine swap that I would ever do in the Focus is the 2.5L DURATEC V6 from the Contour/Cougar platform. I don't understand the desire to swap the SVT or PZEV. The PZEV is responding well to mods but then again so does the ZETEC. I have been toying with the idea of buying a Focus with a blown motor and transplanting the 2.5 from my Contour to it. That is if the wifey decides she wants another car sometime.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
The 2.3 duratec is a great engine and makes tons of power, in fact its probably one of the better 4 cylinders out their now. Making 200 fwhp is fairly easy with this engine.

Its intake manifold and cylinder head flow truly outclasses the zetec.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
id rather have the duratec over the zetec everyday of the week to be honest. not sure if i like it enough to do an engine swap though, for the cost of an engine swap labor + engine u have a healthy down payment on a whole nother foci u know. anyway a pzev can run a low 15 in a 1/4 mi. it takes a lot more than a UDP to make a zetec (non svt) run that. i heard the version that will be out in all 50 states wont have as much Low emission equip on it so it should have more hp from the dealer.

btw the #s in here on the pzev are off. it has 148 hp 152 ft/lbs

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
wasn't thining about a swap, just wondering what the difference was because for a while i was thinking about buying a new focus, but i'm just going to save the money, buy a used 01 zx3 and get a good car when i get out of college. thanks for all of the input.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
stock to stock the pzev will take the zetec easy but put a little money into it and thats a different story, as for the teg's stock focus and non gsr, close race, gsr dont try.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts