Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of if any a good compact sub that will slide under the front seats of a 2011 SES with out having to raise them up?

·
Da fofo love remains
1,538 Posts
Flat Piston subs from say Pioneer, Powerbass, DB Drive, Sony, as well as others do work in small enclosures but in most instances don't sound as good as they could if they were in fact in bigger boxes. Now I don't own about the new Foci but Stangbanger had a good idea and design that maybe you could adapt for your use with out using hardly any of you trunk/hatch space. I would think that the seat is barely gonna be tall enough to slide that sub under it much less a box too. They still need 2 7/8" mounting depth for say a Kicker CompVT 6.5"(which seems hardly worth the time and effort). Then you need 3 3/8" for an 8" CompVT. It goes up from there no matter what brand you use the norm is 3.5" and up for mounting depth and then you have to consider the extra inch your gonna need from the width of you wood you use on a box. Somewhere around an extra 1.5". Here's a question...how much room do you have under your seat [?](side to side, top to bottom, front to back)?

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=256806

http://www.kicker.com/comp_vt

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
You may want to look at the factory sub options for your model year. I just recently install a 03' SVT sub into my 01' hatch. I now have my hatch/trunk space back. Now that I have that there, next step is to upgrade the subwoofer in the factory box with something a lil' better.

·
Da fofo love remains
1,538 Posts
You may want to look at the factory sub options for your model year. I just recently install a 03' SVT sub into my 01' hatch. I now have my hatch/trunk space back. Now that I have that there, next step is to upgrade the subwoofer in the factory box with something a lil' better.
There's that option too!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts