Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #03
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently just changed over to Comp because my T3t4 wasnt cutting it at all.

I have to say That TRIPLEX CERAMIC Ball Bearing CT2-CT3 Turbos are just absolutely fantastic. Extremely High 500+ Horsepower Rating with full boost times of smaller ball bearing turbos with 350 hp rating. 55trim with .48 AR

Im running 15psi and even with the clutch issues im having, the car makes boost at 2500-2600 and is at peak boost well before I hit 4000rpm. At Idle you can here this thing spooling it sounds like a diesel truck sitting next to you.

They Run about 1200-1300 depending on who your getting them from (for HP ratings like 500+ garretts ball bearings are near $2000). Some of the best things about them is you have options as how to cool it. Instead of Garretts if you have ball bearing you need liquid cooling, you can run oil only with the comp turbos with no problems.

Once I finish getting completely tuned and get a new clutch I will do a Dyno run. But here is the link to their ct3 line which is the turbo im using.

http://www.compturbo.com/products/ct3

Why buy a small turbo for the setup you have now when you can have the best of both worlds when your ready to making 350+

The Center Housing is 100% Billet Aluminum Machined with NPT Tapped Holes for Your feed and Return fittings. No stupid 2 piece designs like most garretts with flanges to mount to their turbos. The Turbine wheel is 100% Billet so you know its strong as heck and their housing are all 100% Polished to a mirror at no charge.

The Feed line to the turbo is already restricted at the Housing so NO NEED FOR RESTRICTORS! Makes your life so much easier.

For a turbo with fast spools and High Ratings with quite possibly the most bullet proof design I have seen. Ceramic Ball Bearings are used in the Aerospace Industry where I work at Pratt and Whitney. If we use them for Turbine Engines why wouldn't you use them for your Turbo car?

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #03
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh and what the Hell its my thousandth post! Finally after 5 years

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Nice , which model do you have exactly ? I want one just like It. Are you oil only or water cooled also. ?

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #03
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice , which model do you have exactly ? I want one just like It. Are you oil only or water cooled also. ?
CT3 5558 .48 exhaust for a quicker spool. Dynamic Seal Oil Only. It is exactly what the t3t4 was just worlds better.

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
lol you sound like a sales person (not making fun of you). hope it makes more power then mine did.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
CT3 5558 .48 exhaust for a quicker spool. Dynamic Seal Oil Only. It is exactly what the t3t4 was just worlds better.
That's what I am going to get.. .48 with the 2.5" v band. I don't want to rev my car to 7500 rpm. Quick spool , and carry the boost to 6-6500. I want a torque monster. Flat curve like that Dura Tec , Bellicose has. That's where the fun is on the street.

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #03
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol you sound like a sales person (not making fun of you).
I thought the same thing when I proof read it lol.

I have no complaints so far they have come a long way in the past couple years. I know I wasnt a fan of comps with my rx7 drag car.

Btw The BW sounds sick heard good things from them to. Gotta get another Tampa Meet together before I finish my move to Maryland.

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
Pm me with when your leaving and ill set something up

·
FF Affiliate
31,092 Posts
I thought the same thing when I proof read it lol.

I have no complaints so far they have come a long way in the past couple years. I know I wasnt a fan of comps with my rx7 drag car.

Btw The BW sounds sick heard good things from them to. Gotta get another Tampa Meet together before I finish my move to Maryland.
Its a very good turbo and it works very well , I am glad you like it

Tom

·
Registered
280 Posts
That's what I am going to get.. .48 with the 2.5" v band. I don't want to rev my car to 7500 rpm. Quick spool , and carry the boost to 6-6500. I want a torque monster. Flat curve like that Dura Tec , Bellicose has. That's where the fun is on the street.
You just contradicted yourself. A flat torque curve has more hp than tq and you said you want a torque monster. That would mean High peak low end torque that falls off quickly.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
I wouldn't say it's a contradiction...flat torque stills puts you back in your seat for the entire rev range. Having a torque peak of 4k will feel more like a "monster," though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts