Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Hmmmmm
3,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys im buying a new car for the GF. i have a zetec and don't pay atention to d-tecs. could you please tell me some common problems?

also it is an 06 se with 63k miles and a 5 speed! for 8k. good deal?

·
Registered
340 Posts
only problem i've had with mine were the heat shields starting to fall off but the dealer put them back on for free and other than that I havent had any major issues(74k miles) since it was kept up well with oil changes every few thousand. I also know they last a long time so I would say its a pretty good deal as long as it looks in good condition and had its oil changes.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Replace the "lifetime air filter" as soon as you get the car. When I first got mine it had 85,000 miles and the engine had a "tick". I put a Steeda SRI in and within 300 miles the tick was gone.

·
Hmmmmm
3,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sounds good. thanks guys. and dont worry it will be modded. lol

·
Registered
318 Posts
Yeah I beat the hell out of mycar well not really, and no problems wat so ever very good engine

·
Registered
716 Posts
I've had no prob with mine. I bought my ses 2 years ago with only 40k miles and only paid $6900. I got a smoking deal though. It had sat on the dealers lot for a long time and not sold because everyone wanted an auto. They were originally asking $10,900 for it. They just kept dropping the price and I just happened to hit a deer and totaled my 03 pzev. So I paid 5000 down on it with the insurance money and bought it.

·
Registered
318 Posts
^^^ wow amazing deal they are selling a st salvage in so cal for $4k I think all stock with 100k miles in craigs list looks very clean, but idk if you wana do the drive down here, lol cuz 8k idk I wouldn't .

·
Hmmmmm
3,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i dont want to get salvaged title anyways.. i also don think the gf needs an st. lol but thank you guys.

·
Registered
122 Posts
200,000 on my duratec in my ST, no issues.

Your GF DOES need a ST, just ask her.[rofl]

·
Hmmmmm
3,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
no cause than it will be faster than me :( lol. cant have that.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
You never know!

i dont want to get salvaged title anyways.. i also don think the gf needs an st. lol but thank you guys.
You never know, she might= ST & be faster than you! You saying that can happen. How 'bout you stepping up to the ST & give her your car/ Just a thought, you probably already did, huh! Or if your the Zetec kind of guy= Can you say SVT!

·
zetec 2 duratec swap
1,648 Posts
The only common problems I've heard of are the ticking from the variable intake runner. Other then that everything else is just maintenance. The thermostat and pcv are fairly difficult to reach.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
The few things i read about are with the alternator.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
40K on my 08 and I run her HARD, and no issues.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
I've put 43K on mine in only 15 months, runs great. only had one issue with a bad TB, but it was fixed under warranty. Id go for an ST in a heart beat.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts