Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to trace down a leak in my daughter's 2006 Focus with no luck to this point. I added the UV leak detector along with a can of R-134. Had AC for about a week and now pressure is low enough again to where the compressor won't engage. I went through the system with a black light and couldn't see any dye which was frustrating.

Are there any common failure points in the AC system on these vehicles that I should be looking at closer?

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I've been trying to trace down a leak in my daughter's 2006 Focus with no luck to this point. I added the UV leak detector along with a can of R-134. Had AC for about a week and now pressure is low enough again to where the compressor won't engage. I went through the system with a black light and couldn't see any dye which was frustrating.

Are there any common failure points in the AC system on these vehicles that I should be looking at closer?
Anywhere in the system is a potential leak point. You are not really going to be able 'see' a leak if its in the evaporator which is inside the HVAC plenum under the dash.

Paul

·
Registered
16,189 Posts
X2, when they went to o-ring snap together connectors to assemble the cars faster on the line they knew that every single connection can now leak. Ford looking at creating more dealer work while assembling the cars faster, they have done that in a hundred different ways.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts