Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I have a new Focus. Just moved from my Fusion. I find the factory command start very finicky. It sometimes will just flash the lights and even crank for just a second. sometimes will work but whne you open the door the car shuts off. If you cycle through unlocking and locking the car the command start will work.
Just curious if this is normal.

Thanks

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
Moved to the MkIII section for more looks.

I assume you're referring to push button starting. What you're describing sounds odd, the only related oddity I remember hearing about was that key or push button won't start the car without opening/closing the door IF you've been in the car for a while without starting it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was actually referring to the command start on the key fob. Went to my dealer and it started every time for him with the remote. Not so for me. A bit frustrating but at least I know its me and not the car.
Was hoping someone could tell me if they have experienced this. Im sure there is a timing issue as to when to push the buttons.

Thanks

Royce

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hello,

I've noticed the issue on occasion with my 2013. I haven't noticed it stopping when you open the doors though. It happened to me just today I tried to do the remote start and it cranked for a second and then nothing. When I pressed it again the lights just flashed. It happens very rarely so not sure what causes it??? Haven't mentioned it to the dealer because I doubt they would be able to recreate it and it is so infrequent I forget about it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello,

I've noticed the issue on occasion with my 2013. I haven't noticed it stopping when you open the doors though. It happened to me just today I tried to do the remote start and it cranked for a second and then nothing. When I pressed it again the lights just flashed. It happens very rarely so not sure what causes it??? Haven't mentioned it to the dealer because I doubt they would be able to recreate it and it is so infrequent I forget about it.
Ya that's exactly what happens to me. When I went to the dealer I had to laugh because it worked every time for the tech. He even held the remote and I pushed the buttons and it would not work for me! Must just be the timing of how you push the buttons. Really weird though. I had an after market system in my Fusion and it worked from a mile away so guess Im spoiled.

Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I finally gave up and went back to the dealer. It worked a couple of times for them and than it did the same thing its been doing for me. The found a defective module.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts