Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so for those of you who haven't heard of this wonderful sub/technology. the jl 13tw5 is a 13.5 inch shallow mount sub. only 2.5 inches of mounting depth and yet handles up to 500 rms.

ok anyways.. i'm soon to be the proud owner of 2 of these bad boys. i'll post pics once the enclosure is installed. they retail for 300-600 but thanks to my good repor with a local audio shop i'm getting these creations of insanity for under 200 a piece. (also been asked to sport thier shop logo/sticker on my car which i am more than happy to for what i'm getting) gonna get eh 2 subs, a jl amp (not sure which one he pointed out the best one but i trusted his insight and just nodded like I knew all about it lol) and then mount it all. plus the amp i already have into the enclosure which we have discussed already.. custom built just for me :D lol. i won't spoil it though i'll wait till it's done and post pics. oh and i'm dynomatting the entire trunk as well... lol just so those of you who know this should be done don't come bombarding me with the advice on that.. i know all about sound deadening.

:D i'll keep you all posted....

OH THE INSANITY OH THE SUSPENSE OH THE........ um ok i'm done now

(psst and if anyone has a crazy hair up their 8$$ to use these subs for an above head setup.. let me know i'm already putting together a design though i won't be using it myself)

·
Registered
470 Posts
Looking forward to seeing results. Heard good things about these subs.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my original plans were like a single 12" w6 but i walked into the shpo and saw they had these in, so we talked and plans changed a little. they are going to take good care of me... i've brought them so much money and customers already and i haven't even been in the area for a year (almost but not yet)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts