Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, guys, my plan is to pait my handles and mirror to match the colour of my car... my colour is sonic blue... is there a duplicolor paint or similar quality paint that will match close to 100%?
D

·
Registered
383 Posts
Personally, I'd pay a bodyshop to do it right...OR, buy the SVT door handles because I'm pretty sure they come pre-painted. [:)]

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
^^ I agree, I have yet to see a DIY job that has actually lasted though a couple seasons unless of course it was done professionally (say by someone on here that is into bodywork) but seriously, pay a bodyshop to get it done professionally. It's not that expensive and it will last the life of the car, not just one summer. Nothing looks worse then flaking and peeling exterior parts and unless you luck out, they will do that......

·
Registered
237 Posts
I'm interested in this mod too. Does anyone know where I can get SVT door handles and side mirrors that aren't rediculously priced? I'm pretty sure all handles and mirrors will fit all years (correct me if I am wrong). I know I could always check Focus salvage or whatever. Anyone have any other ideas?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Yes, all door handles and mirrors are the same. You could always check eBay, wreckers, and the buy/sell forums on here.

Also, the Focus ST mirrors and door handles come painted, but only in their limited production colours, which I believe is only black, dark grey, and red.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts