Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Capt. Urn
5,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of replacing my current stock dome light and trunk light bulbs with new blue bulbs. has anyone done this. can you still see relatively well at night (i know it will be differnt, but how bad), what size bulb do i need. (i have looked through my owners manuel and cannot find it in there, have tried to look at the stock bulb itself, and i am at a loss) and where can i get good quality bulbs at a good price?

thanks for all your help.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I did this a while ago and am happy with it. I went to the local Autozone and had them look up on the computer the type of light it was. I picked up a red one and went home and installed it. It looked pink with the light on so I went back and also purchased a red gel sleeve for it. combined it looks nice and red but visibility is really bad. You cant see very much, but...i'm still happy with it.

·
Capt. Urn
5,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how much was your bulb elemnt?

·
Registered
158 Posts
umm...i think it was like 3 dollars, very inexpensive. it was a pack of two also. The bulb in the hatch is a different style however

·
Capt. Urn
5,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i dont see the humor in this fokuzsport. some of us less privlaged have to live on a small budget. food on the table comes before mods for the car, but if i can afford a small thing, thats great.

if you find my financil situation funny, i take issue with that.

i came to this sight because i love my focus. not to be insulted by someone who thinks they are better then me just because they have money in the bank.

·
Registered
11 Posts
i would go with polarg xenon white bulbs from japan. they are very good quality and uses KOITO Japanese bulbs, and i've purchased and had just about every type of bulb from them, from the headlamps to turn signals and i must honestly say they are very reliable, bright bulbs. Not one, has ever gone bad, or blown out when i used them on my old car for 5 years straight. the special coating (or film over the bulb to produce the xenon white color) never faded out. the weather conditions were really bad in thailand, not to mention how humid and stormy it was there, and frankly I was quite amazed to how they stood against such poor conditions. they might cost a bit more, but i think they are definitely worth buying and much brighter than solid-state blue bulbs, which are even dimmer than the stockers. there is also mtec, but i've never tried their stuff.

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
were talking about 3 dollars here.. and your acting like your spending 100..

who said i had money in the bank? if i had a problem with you and your money situation.. i would personally email you...... until then.. i cant laugh?

dome light is a dome light... doesnt get much better than 'stock'

oh and btw.. i have the blue bulb in my dome light.. its like a 1.97 from autozone.. and i wouldnt recommand putting one in your truck.. you wont be able to see anything

·
Capt. Urn
5,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
zzzzzts said:
i would go with polarg xenon white bulbs from japan.
do you have a link to their website?

·
Capt. Urn
5,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well, thanks for the link. not that it helped much, but thanks. lol. that website would be a whole lot more benifitial if i could read japanese.

does anyone have a link to a website with the polarg's in english?

·
Registered
650 Posts
i think the colored bulbs are a good idea, i c0ould put one in my trunk bc i dont use it, my box back there takes up all the space bc i didnt get or make a custom box, maybe down the line, but not right now.. thanks guys!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I did red with the gel sleeves and its bleeding. what i would really like to know is if anyones changed the green in the dash. if so how?

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have a blue bulb in my SE's trunk and its pretty dark in there I must say but I just used that as a cheap knock off for neonsbcause my speaker box is in there.

·
Registered
124 Posts
i got the sleeves at autozone. i have a green one over the middle light and the two map lights are normal so when i want to see i can turn those on. [thumb]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts