Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know where i could find a body colored grill for my 06? The one I have right now is shiny and reflective. Don't know if painting it would work. Come to think of it any other 05-07 grills would be nice to see too. I'm gonna keep searching but help a guy out if you can. TY. SPACE

·
Fistpumping = 5whp
2,158 Posts
ZX3Rican69 torched off his chrome and had a guy who works at a body shop paint his for him. It looks really good.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that does look nice. I think that's probably what I might do. Thanks guys!

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
you can buy an ST one off of ebay that is just primered and paint it if you dont wanna mess with your stock one. You might be able to even find one that is already done since the ST's came in silver anyways.

·
Registered
537 Posts

^has anyone(i ask that a lot) tried this? then add some kind of mesh to fill out the bottom. i think it might look really good if done well.

·
Registered
537 Posts
^ sorta. i mean like bust out the cutting wheel a chop off the whole area under that line^^ and fab in some other all honeycomb material, so you could loose the ring a round the grill look.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Color-matching the surround looks the best to me. You can spray paint it if you find a paint that matches and you take your time.

This is what mine looks like right now. I spray painted it myself. I have another grill I'm going to have done professionally though.

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
old, i personally dont think it would look that good. He should get that grill, but just paint the surrounding area

·
Registered
537 Posts
i just photoshopped my idea and it didn't come out that good. it's a pretty big area w/o the whole ring. it's one of those things that you'd just have to try and see how it comes out. i still think it would look good though.

btw, i didn't mean he should try it.... it was just a thought[shhh]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts