Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's not too hard to do. There's no masking involved. The right and center vents just pop out on my '06. The left bezel is harder.....there's a screw that has to be removed from the inside (I'm working on that today).

The bezels just pop off the vent louvers, so there's no masking involved. Be sure to clean the bezels with a solvent to remove wax, silicone, etc. I used Krylon Fusion without any primer.

This red happens to be a perfect match for the rest of the interior red. I haven't decided if I should paint the radio bezel.....either red or black. I'll drive around for a while to consider. It's amazing what a little color on the dash area can do.....it's like a new car. [thumb]

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
Very nice carl. You should do the side window defrosters, radio, and gauge bezels as well.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks....but I'll have to look at this for a while, before I do any other painting.

I finished up the LS vent. It's not so hard either. You have to drop the under-dash cover (4 screws). Just let it hang down. Then you see another small bolt right under the light switch...remove it and pull the inst. bezel back slightly. That reveals a screw the holds the bezel in. Easy.

Happy Modding.....

·
Registered
452 Posts
I've done the same in my 06... white though. I agree on doing the window defrosters, but I think the radio bezel is a bit overkill. But then again, my seats don't match the trim.

·
has a screw loose
9,927 Posts
I've been wanting to do this to my vents as well . My Dash and everything is just black so I could use a little spicing up in places . I hope the 07's in a sedan are that easy .[ffrocks]

·
Banned
143 Posts
that looks fanatastic. nice and clean. but dont get carried away. any more red paint would look tacky and overdone (especially the guage bezel). the centre console looks fine as is but some gloss black would look good too if u like.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^^^Yeah I've about come to the same conclusion. I saw a picture yesterday of a Focus with the radio bezel painted red. A bit much....

As far as any more red in the interior....doubtful. I was considering painting the radio bezel black, but the more I think about it, the less I like the idea. Of course this all boils down to taste.....[scratch]

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
yea, i was thinking about it, and the gauge bezel would be a bit over the edge. i think the radio bezel looks good tho.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts