Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, what is the stock diameter of the throttle body on the focus? going to the 65mm how much of a mm diff is that? do we know or no? maybe i just want to know if it is like wow going from one way street to 4 lane two way highway. u know...or if it is just like o ok more construction on my lil one way street.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
I dont know exactly seeing as how I dont have one yet but from everyone on here thats gotten one that I know of says that it helps a lot and is a definite must have.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
lol i just installed my 65mm t/b like 3 days ago and how is this the 65mm and the stock can't even be compared as for as looks. The 65mm is so much bigger then the stock one it's not even funny. 2 completly different animals lol

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SO.....

SO IS IT LIKE A WHOA NOWWW.....CALM DOWN MY FriEND or is it just o ok. does it blow your sox off? is it good u know make a NOTICEABLE dif? and does it change the tone of the intake?

·
Registered
456 Posts
kttnmthkngs420 said:
i think the diameter of the stock t/b is 55 mm.
Yeah I believe that is correct.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
lol dude i wish someone who has a 65mm t/b would back me up. Yes this mod is like omfg insane crazy super mad style. The response u get is great it even sounds better lol.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Solaris, have you noticed any flat-spots or other tuning related problems since your T.B. swap?

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
i have the fc t/b and there are no flat spots if i understand what you mean... as in places where you feel loss of hp... there are none... its an incredible throttle body boost... and i installed a fc pulley kit at the same time as the t/b and at 5k rpms i feel a definite boost especially in 2nd and 3rd gear... hope that helps

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
ok, the larger throttle body helps open up more air and increase throttle response which is good any way you look at it. And from what I have heard and read it does improve the feel of your car since it is improving throttle response which in turn gives the feeling there there is "more pedal to push" for lack of a better phrase.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
no deal spots here at forst the t/b stock a little but after a day or so it went away

·
AKA Toyotech
4,041 Posts
Hank said:
Solaris, have you noticed any flat-spots or other tuning related problems since your T.B. swap?
if your referring to flat spots as in tps surges...not on the focus, the only problems are cause from the people that install them. other than that they are fine. i've had mine for about 2 years now.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
but like when i go full throttle on my car i hear the growl does the tb make it louder or make it growl more without pushing the pedal to the floor?

·
AKA Toyotech
4,041 Posts
more air going through the k&n...it should be louder...

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,891 Posts
I also noticed that my growl seems a little louder since I installed the 65mm TB. I can't really say there was a big or any HP gains but the TB response is definitly better.

FYI-
The stock throttle body is also tiny, only 57mm wide measured parallel to the shaft and 51mm wide measured perpendicular to the shaft. The smaller dimension is a result of the shrouding used to create the slow tip-in. The throttle plate itself is quite thick on one side, causing more restriction than usual.
[whip]

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
so is it worth the money guys and gals?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i just wanted to know, cause i dont have all the money in the world like the rest of us and dont wanna spend it to be disapointed. like my magnaflow i dont think its that loud. [paranoid] cause i am inside. i want to get someone to drive it while i am on the side of the road to hear it u know. cause i am against rice but i want a nice rumble a growl without peaking but i have been going on about this instead of the tb. yall know what i mean right? i am just concerned about how my vehicle is you know. [?|]

[boxface]

·
Registered
110 Posts
I just got mine today and installed it. I dremeled out the mani intake and put everything back together. I started the car and BOOM! No just kidding. Right away just the diff sound I could tell I had a winner for a mod. When I took off from the house on the way to work I spun the tires without trying. The TB seems to stick a bit but agian should go away in the next day or so I hope. I agree the Response you get with the 65mm is night and day comepared to the Stock I say its the best mod I've done Yet. GET ONE ASAP.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts