Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my car runs fine all day but in the morning on really cold mornings if i dont let it warm up when i leave and accelerate not hard or anytihng the car bucks like its fighting it almost like im shifting bad but im not as soon as it warms up its fine, i dont have any power loss or anything during normal driving can anyone tell me what this is?

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
u might be getting odd voltage readings.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thought so too but why would it only do it in the cold im thinking my maf sensor might have moister and the mooister is freezing in the cold and doesnt read properly till it warms up because after it warms up it runs perfect. smokes all the hondas around hahah

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
voltage readings fine spark plug gap fine, no vacuum leaks, i mean its not a performance issue but like i just wana no why it hessistates and bucks, when its cold, maybe egr valve getting stuck? any ideas

·
Registered
784 Posts
I had a similar problem, it turned out to be the coil. It would hesitate and miss like crazy until it warmed up a bit. The coil pack had numerous small cracks on it causing moisture to get in.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmm that could be maybe, i know it doesnt have cracks, but i can always pull the wires and look at it thanks!

·
Registered
784 Posts
Sometimes they're hard to see. Check the underside for cracks when you take it out. I had a few that were impossible to see until I removed it.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no cracks on the coil pack but the plug wires did have some frozen moisture on the ends (prolly from undersprays at the car was, so i took the wires and coil pack out, checked them fro correct resistance wiped them all down and put some dielect on them and put them back, didnt have the problem yet :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts