Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello friends,

I have a 2003 SVT 5-door with the premium sound package.

And I just joined the messageboards no more than 5 minutes ago because I have a very unique problem with my stereo...and nobody seems to know what the deal is. Maybe (hopefully) one of you can help me.

So, it's getting cold in Michigan and now my radio will not work for about 30 min. until my car is nice and toasty. Its just loud ear-piercing static. Then about 30 minutes later like i said, it just goes away. Instantly. Then it continues to work fine throughout the rest of the day, even at night when it gets bitchin' cold again. This is only for the radio though, not the 6-disc changer (because that is jammed and won't work anyway but that's a whole other set of problems). I assume its either the actual radio in the dash, or the amp. The problem is I don't really know what I'm doing or how to even test it for that matter. Everyone I ask just tells me they've never heard of that happening before. Is this a recall issue or something? Any help would be greatly appreciated, as it will be a long, music-less winter unless I do something soon.

Alex

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
That isn't the sort of problem that has an easy (read cheap) fix. Since the CD changer is also broken...... buy a cheap unit somewhere for the winter, till you can save enough for a better system.

Face it....the thing died, unless you can put up with it's current state.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts