Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I have a problem when cold starting...
As you can see in my video when i start my car it revs at about 500rpm and then shuts it down, and then it starts acting like nothing happened... But if I let go of the starter at the rev point it won't turn on and acting the other way, it shuts down and wouldn't start for a period of time...
And later on, as you can see my rpm are pulsing... What's the problem? My Engine is 1.8L Zetec 85kw. I have changed my spark plugs, sparks and even the Ignition Coil still no change... And another problem when you are driving and shift into neutral gear the engine some times shuts down, but mainly it just reaches very low rpm ~500 and then it comes back on and continues to rev in pulsing action from 500 to 800 and back on 500 until I make a full stop. Any suggestions?

My video: http://youtu.be/ZtZg-HG3fiY
P.S. @ 3:43 it switches automatically to LPG
P.S.S. Tommorow ill post a video what happens if I let go of the starter when it revs @ 500rpm when starting and not turning on

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,157 Posts
Hmm it seems its a common problem. When I went to the link it showed related on the side and they were all the same as yours is. Maybe look for comments and see if someone fixed it.

Possible vacuum leak?

Dont know if 500 is really that low...my car idles at 540-570.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts