Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a marcy intake...it's the bomb...the sound after 3grand and the power increase....but i did notice something... after i put it on ... my gas pedal is a little harder...not a big deal but it's harder a first push then it's smooth again..with my stock intake the pedal was very light and easy to push down...just wanted to know if anyone has the same problem...i am gonna take a look tommorrow if there is an air leak but when i put it in i triple check ever nut and bolt to make sure there wasn't a leak but maybe this just happens after you put an intake on... [???:)]

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it happens whenever i give it gas doesn't matter if clutch in down or at rest or if i am reving whenever i push it at first it's hard....i just got off school and i am gonna check the intake for a lose clamp or something....if not i am gona call Walter and ask for some info/help from him

·
Registered
52 Posts
Its funny you say this...I had the same problem with my car after I put on the FC Intake. The gas pedal was hard to press....it got worse and was sticking. I traced it back to the throttle body and noticed that was the problem. The throttle body was sticking, making the pedal hard to press at first. I consulted a mechanic friend of mine and he said carbon sometimes builds up in the TB....what??? I have never heard of this. I sprayed a littlt WD-40 on the inside of the TB and that freed it up nice. That was about 5,000 miles ago...I haven't had any problems since...anyone else have this problem? You might want to try the old WD-40 trick.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yep that was my problem too....i called Walter today to ask if he had heard of my problem...he told me to take my throttle body off and take scotch bright pad and after the TB is off open it full throttle and use the green part to lightly scrub off this coating that FORD puts on the edge of the TB circular part inside that opens... this coating the FORD puts on the TB has been know to stick after an intake is put on....then i WD-40 it just in case to make sure no more sticky...i know it's back to norm...thaNks walter and everybody else for the input[thumb]

·
Focus Addict
1,245 Posts
wakeboarder1987 said:
how is the intake gonna make the throttle body stick? something must of gone wrong

Must have gone wrong

·
Registered
270 Posts
sorry to hijack but i notice that when im at partial throttle i notice a high pith but faint whistle. Is it just air going by the TB and im just noticing that?

·
Registered
386 Posts
well actually as you are adding gass slowly, it is the air being sucked up by the intake...it isn't as noticeable when you punch the gas, but if you add a lill bit of gas slowly, you'll hear the hiss

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Millertyme i also have the light whistle....it's only happens when i first open the throttle in all gears....i doesn't bother me...at first i thought it was an air leak too...but it wasn't... i checked all my clamps and there was no leak...my guess is since the new intake is basically a free flowing tube with a filter at the end...and NO WHERE NEAR as restrictive as the stock intake ...all the air that can now rush in when you open the throttle causes it.....and lastly wakeboader1987...another part of my problem that made the intake stick/hard was i had left the honeycomb screen thing in the mass air flow part and that was also causing the my intake to stick/hard so i took it out and did the wd-40 and the cleaning of the tb...and it's working great now....well except for the whistle thing when i first give gas but it's not causing any problems...i kind of like the sound anyways...[thumb]

·
Registered
386 Posts
naw, the hiss isn't from the air leak but from just it sucking in air...sounds really nice imo...all my buddies cars do the same with their intakes

·
Registered
466 Posts
I have had 3 different cars w' intakes and they all whistled like this. It's normal. As for the gas pedal getting harder to push, or sticking, It hasn't happened to me with my intake. Should I go ahead and clean the tb anyways?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
it's up to you...maybe since i live a smog fill dusty bay area i needed too...but just remember the old saying "DON'T FIX WHAT AINT BROKEN"[thumb]

·
Registered
386 Posts
true deal...I live in the OC ^_^

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
jaymoney said:
it's up to you...maybe since i live a smog fill dusty bay area i needed too...but just remember the old saying "DON'T FIX WHAT AINT BROKEN"[thumb]
Clearly you've never heard the OTHER old saying:

"If it ain't broke, fix it until it is!"

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
soilfer what the hell are you talking about

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.