Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I have been getting cold air coming in from my steering column area in my MK2. This seems to be worse when the heat is on and I was just wondering if any one else has experienced this problem. Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. this is a 2010 se.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
it's winter, and it's cold. These things happen [duh]

All kidding aside, is it like a vent is blowing cold air? or is it more just a feeling of cold in that area

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
For a "silly" question, are the Windows all closed when this happens?

I've gotten a similar eddy of cold air when a window is cracked open in more than one vehicle. Doesn't "feel" like it's coming from the window, though in reality that's the source of the air current.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For a "silly" question, are the Windows all closed when this happens?

I've gotten a similar eddy of cold air when a window is cracked open in more than one vehicle. Doesn't "feel" like it's coming from the window, though in reality that's the source of the air current.
No too cold to have the windows cracked...although haven't felt it today

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Recently I have been getting cold air coming in from my steering column area in my MK2. This seems to be worse when the heat is on and I was just wondering if any one else has experienced this problem. Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. this is a 2010 se.
Hi 10iafocusse,

Have you had a chance to chat with your dealer on this? They'll be in the best position to assist further.

Meagan

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi 10iafocusse,

Have you had a chance to chat with your dealer on this? They'll be in the best position to assist further.

Meagan
Yes I took it to my local dealer... They couldn't find anything... Said it was probably cold air coming off the metal parts in the steering column and that was normal due to weather... I've had this car for five years and this is the first time I've felt this...i haven't felt it since the weather has warmed up though

1 - 8 of 8 Posts