Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it really worth spending the money for a cold air intake, when the SVT has the ram air?

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
of course it is because you are drawing cold air from outside the engine bay and cooler denser air give more power, the only down side is the possiblity of drawing water into the engine (hydrolock) but you would have to drive into a pond for the to happen

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But doesn't the SVT snorkel pull cold air in threw the ram under the lip of the hood?

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
yes it does, I think you should try a CAI and you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't want to sound stupid, but what is a CAI? Is that a intake brand?

·
Dragon Warrior
309 Posts
I like AEM's CAI and that is what I suggest.

Very well made except for the MAF screws I just used the factory screws. couple that with a tune from focus-power.com or hypillauto.com and a 65mm Throttlebody and the SVT is a good performing vehicle.

the stock SVT snorkel is not really ram air when there is a lip infront of it stopping the air from directly entering the airbox.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
honestly... chop off the hump in front of the intake tube and put a drop in ITG filter cais dont net a significant enough difference per dollar spent for it to be worthwhile.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
blkthunder said:
honestly... chop off the hump in front of the intake tube and put a drop in ITG filter cais dont net a significant enough difference per dollar spent for it to be worthwhile.
What does this mean?

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I just installed my Cool-Flo Intake in mine lastnight. If I had a deep well 6 point socket it would have taken me 10 minutes but I am going to have to wait because I couldn't get the tranny mount bolts loose.

The cool Flo may not be the best but I got it cheap off of sleestak. The thing sounds AWESOME now! I am not sure if there is any real performance gain, I might just be imagineing it because of the sound but it does seem like it's a bit stronger...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts