Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 04 zx3 with a 2.3 I have a MARCY cold air intake I had to take my car in for the clutch master cylinder I put the stock air filter back on and it would not run for idle for crap, has anybody had this problem. Thanks

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
probably best to remove the negative batt cable for about 5 to 10mins and then hook it back up.

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Never ever heard this problem before.

·
Registered
18 Posts
If I am correct on this one, either something is loose, not connected or the MAF needs a reset by disconnecting the neg bat term to reset itself.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Foci_Fosho said:
that's a bummer.
Should have left the CAI on, no?
they shouldn't void the warranty because of that.
part was not carb approved, they can void the warranty if they want :)

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
More than just the MAF control idle speed. TPS, ISC (Idle Speed Control) just to name a few. The MAF is the most expensive out of them though...

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
wickedgreyzx3 said:
part was not carb approved, they can void the warranty if they want :)
I can see your point but no they can't, sorry I have already talked to my dealer about what they can do to the warranty if they find a mod....

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
^^^Some dealers are mod friendly, most arent...

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Even if he goes to one that IS NOT mod friendly they still can't void a warranty over a stupid CAI.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
yes they can... they can simply say that he abuses his car, because a cold air intake means he is a racer!!!!!!!

and if you read your owners manual it specifcly says, exhuast systems and intakes void your warranty

magnuson-moss only states that they cannot void your warranty UNLESS the manufacture states it....

if people would just read their [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]g owners manual....

go read it for yourself, i think it is page 8 or 12 in the warranty guide

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
well I really don't care about what owners manual says.... Dan Irving at my dealer which is like 3 steps down from owner say that they cannot void the warranty over something like... atleast not the whole warranty just if the TPS goes out or soemthing like that they don't have to honor it.

·
Detailing Freak
348 Posts
from my understanding... the warranty cannot be voided b/c of simple mods... swapping engines and trannys are not simple.. cai, exhaust.. etc.. are simple... if your cat goes out, and you have an aftermarket exhaust.. it must be proven, 100% that it was the exhaust that caused it for them to deny warranty coverage

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
^^

READ YOUR WARRANTY MANUAL IDIOT.

IT STATES IT IN PLAIN ENGLISH...

OH WAIT YOU ARE JUST SOME DUMB SPIC FROM SAN DEIGO...

·
Registered
341 Posts
okay childern lets not get racial, as that will prove your ignorance.

·
Registered
367 Posts
wickedgreyzx3 said:
^^

READ YOUR WARRANTY MANUAL IDIOT.

IT STATES IT IN PLAIN ENGLISH...

OH WAIT YOU ARE JUST SOME DUMB SPIC FROM SAN DEIGO...
Dude man! What do you care if he believes you or not? What is he to you? Here's just a dude online asking questions. If he doesn't like your advice don't give him anymore. Don't feak out like some kind of nut!!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts