Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help. I have a 2006 ZX4 2.0L. I want to replace the crappy OEM intake with something that works better but I would like to see my options. Not finding much on my own, I would like to see what others have. Also would a 2005 CAI work? Is the 2.0L engine that big of a difference?

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,111 Posts
Well you would have to see the differences between zetec and duratec. Some good brands to work are AEM, K&N, Steeda, Volant. Others will add to this.

Cheap route would be Spectre. Or you can go the custom route.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to the Duratec performance section.

'05-'07 used the same 2.0 engines, with the exception of the 2.3 in ST models.

Earlier models had three possible engines, pieces from the wrong type obviously wouldn't fit.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Search "stealth CAI" and "DIY CAI" for home/cheap options. Otherwise get ready to shell out around $200 for name brand stuff.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Get a Steeda sri & no issues w/ rain water issues.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Better known as hot air intake.
Works great for me. Its for a dtech so the i/m is in the front & where it sits is behind the ds headlight.

·
So mote be it
8,950 Posts
http://www.c-f-m.com/performanceparts/pc/Air-Intakes-c90.htm

Anything listed as fitting a 2.0 or 2.3 duratec will work. CAI style, I'd suggest CFM or FSwerks and SRI I would suggest Steeda. You will get pretty much same results between the two. Some of us would argue one is better than the other but its up to you what style you want to use.

I have used the Fswerks for years now with out any issues; it has been driven in every kind of precipitation imaginable now.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I built mine using the tubing sections that Speed by Spectre sells. I spent about $100 building it. It is a bit longer than the SRI but it is not as long as the CAI set up.

I am pleased with the set up I am running.

·
Registered
414 Posts
If we are using dollar amounts: I just bought a spare MAF tube in the junk yard for $4. Once I buy the cone filter I'll be in the hole for less than $30. Hot air intakes may give a boost to MPG at the cost of slightly less power but it's a trade off I'm willing to make. If it does boost mileage it'll be a gift that keeps giving :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
I actually have a 69-3512 KN I am looking to sell, it is listed for a 2.3L. Drop me a PM if you are interested.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts