Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have fup their engines with cold air intake, and is there any big difference in intake and cold air intake(HP). It sits way to low and is easy for it to suck water in a engine.[?|] [?|]

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have the CAI from AEM, I havent had any water problems. With that intake you just have to be careful going though puddles, and automatic car washes

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yeah i have the AEM short ram intake and that one isn't low enough to catch too much water. I really don't think that there is a noticable difference between CAI's ... maybe i am wrong... but i doubt it.... Now maybe a filter that may make a difference. I have a K&N and that is great! i wouldn't suggest one of the intakes that sucks in air real low on a daily driver because it sucks up water.

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
that or a bypass valve, which requires the cutting of the pipe though

·
Registered
39 Posts
What is that snorkle hole thing? I have a Zetech engine(2000 zx3) but the snorkle is in a different place. Is that a feature on newer models cause I have a cai and want to get one, but I want to know if I need to spend that extra 5 bucks for the snorkle hole.

·
Registered
39 Posts
No, they have 2 different ones, the regular one and the one with the hole for the snorkle. I was wondering what they were talking about with the snorkle one.

·
Registered
219 Posts
hey mofocus,
i was thinking about getting a bypass valve for my aem cai, but what do you mean about cutting the pipe?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts