Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i just put a cold air intake on my SVT focus and now i am throwing a code for the mass air flow censor what do i need to do to fix this problem because my car is using entirely to much gas

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
What intake did you install? Also did you unplug the negative battery terminal for about 30 minutes when you installed the new intake? This resets the ecu and allows it to learn the new intake. A few minutes of idling after starting the car again will help it learn faster. Also FYI The SVT airbox is very good so you might consider just reinstalling that.

I see you are in RR so if in doubt post in this thread http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=233190 and somebody will let you know where the next meet is, we have a few guys in RR or up north

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
spyder cold air intake and yes i did i had to take the battery and the battery box completely out so that i could install the intake and i have been considering just putting the original intake back on

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I have seen that style intake before and your maf sensor code could be from a bad seal where the sensor plugs into the intake tube. You can try reseating it, possibly add an o-ring. Honestly I would probably put the SVT air box back on and consider it a lesson learned in cheap parts. I tried a cheap intake on my Zetec at first and ended up with a Volant and it was worth the money spent.

Look around the forums and SVT section a bit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so i put the old intake back on and the check engine light came back on so if any one knows what i shold do please let me know

·
Registered
406 Posts
I'm assuming you've double checked all the vacuum lines fittings and wire connectors in the area of your intake?

Why don't you scan the code and find out were the problem is coming from and then go from there?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts