Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at the FSWerks Cold Air Intake recently and have been told it may be a bad idea to install in climates with lots of rain/snow. I live in Southern Ontario (Canada), so of course we see lots of snow in the Winter and rain in the spring.

I've also seen the Steeda and other brands that offer Short Ram Intakes.

Could someone advise what the difference is, and offer a recommendation?

I currently have a 100% stock 2010 Focus SEL. Just looking for some small mods to do.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I've been looking at the FSWerks Cold Air Intake recently and have been told it may be a bad idea to install in climates with lots of rain/snow. I live in Southern Ontario (Canada), so of course we see lots of snow in the Winter and rain in the spring.

I've also seen the Steeda and other brands that offer Short Ram Intakes.

Could someone advise what the difference is, and offer a recommendation?

I currently have a 100% stock 2010 Focus SEL. Just looking for some small mods to do.
Im currently In Germany where It snows quite a bit, and never stops raining. Havent had a problem with It yet, just read a few posts saying stay away from really big puddles.

·
Registered
90 Posts
The problem is from people driving in conditions they aught not to be driving in.

i.e. if i know my cool new CAI is wheel level, i should probably stay away from puddles that are over the center of my wheels. install a drop in (if it applies) and wash your hands of this issue, and not to mention save your money :)

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Just keep the wheel and fender liner in if you get the CAI. I have the Steeda SRI and I plan on changing it out for the FSWerks CAI.

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
The filter the fswerks is an itg foam filter and definitely outperforms steeda.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
can i ask why
Not just because of the SRI vs. CAI argument, but because FSWerks puts a lot of r and d into their products and I live in a hotter climate. The Steeda doesnt fit like and intake that cost 260 bucks should.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts