Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2008 Ford Focus SES and I've been having problems with my gas mileage. And I believe it deals with my cold air intake. On I was wondering is there any cheap way to fix it and get my mileage backup to where it used to be ?
I was able to get about 400 miles to 425 miles and now I'm only get in 350 at best.
It ran great during the summer but during the winter it did not. I know having my heat on all the time run the millage down but I never had the bad of a problem with it . Mobdro – Download Mobdro APK App Free for Android 2020 https://luckypatcher.tips/ Kodi – Download Kodi App for Windows PC, macOS, Android & iOS

·
Registered
888 Posts
Well that's still very good Gas mileage. It is normal for it to be lower during cold temperatures.
What intake do you have?
Also if that is your belief put the stock airbox back.
I get about 29 maybe 30 MPG but I drive hard.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
227 Posts
I have a 2008 Ford Focus SES and I've been having problems with my gas mileage. And I believe it deals with my cold air intake. On I was wondering is there any cheap way to fix it and get my mileage backup to where it used to be ?
I was able to get about 400 miles to 425 miles and now I'm only get in 350 at best.
It ran great during the summer but during the winter it did not. I know having my heat on all the time run the millage down but I never had the bad of a problem with it .
MPG usually goes down in winter. First things to check- do you idle too long after startup, did you check your tire pressure after the weather changed, does your region change gas formulation? My MPG usually does down more in summer b/c of heavy A/C use. Your mileage doesn't sound that out of line, but check the tires, and maybe clean the MAF sensor. If you think the CAI is the problem, then fix or replace it. Otherwise don't spend money chasing after a few pennies.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts