Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am i ok getting a CAI in denver? Im not worried about rain...but snow in the winter. What happens when a CAI gets wet? Sorry bear with me i dont know much about this stuff yet.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
And after it gets wet, it freezes solid when the engine is not running.....maybe while it is running. This in turn restricts airflow to the engine, probably causing a rich running condition, which lowers performance, and wastes gas.

The CAI's dirty little secret.......A SRI is probably a better choice in winter driving conditions. [;)]

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
^^That would be interesting... Never heard that one... Everyone loves there Cold Airs... Get a bypass and you sould be fine.. If you want a SRI Ill sell you mine.. Its AEM (silver) .. Its ready to be shipped..

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
^^That would be interesting... Never heard that one... Everyone loves there Cold Airs... Get a bypass and you sould be fine.. If you want a SRI Ill sell you mine.. Its AEM (silver) .. Its ready to be shipped..
how much for the short ram?

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
80 +paypal fee and shipping.. everythings included to install

·
Turbo Freak
2,193 Posts
pumkin dont do it i had mine on my car and took it off, i know everyone says that intake for the svt is no good they are right! i took mine off cuz i could not tell a differance at all!

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
lmao you guys are funny!!

I was thinking about raising my hood an inch or so.

·
Turbo Freak
2,193 Posts
and u live in Florida wa waaaaa Fl suxs id rather be in Cali anyday
btw pumkin lives in Cali 2 and it gets hot here.

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
^^ Yeah I saw he did, Not a good idea to have a SRI when you will in the south.. but if you live up north there is nothing wrong with a SRI

Why does Florida Suck>? WWAAAYY cheaper place to live.. and our state government Rocks.. I like cali too but nothing wrong with florida..

·
Registered
179 Posts
^^^^ He's right nothing wrong with fla. way cheaper to live here! CFM sells a prefilter that is made of a material that allows air but not water thu. I have a by pass valve too the the prefilter is great for those little splashes here and there it would prolly work for the snow too.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sweet man thanks...that prefilter sounds like a good idea....i know plenty of people around here that have cold airs and have had no problems even in the winter and rain.

·
Registered
282 Posts
IMO the best thing to get is the european air splitter for under the hood, it redirects all the air that passes through the grill into your intake as opposed to just the air inbetween the hood and fascia. You can find it on sites that sell euro st170 stuff.

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
Id say Mine is Better ;)

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
Never heard.. have a link>?? I have my AEM SRI still up for grabs... you can come to Dothan,AL in two weekends and pick it up from me.. and try your hand at AutoXing... Its not to far from you

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hey greg if you do get a CAI, I have a AEM bypass valve that may fit the SVT CAI if it is the same diameter as regular zetec. Its free if you want it. I live up in Fort Collins area so not to far away. Just PM me if you want it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts