Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
She would run around 14.5-14.7 in the quarter mile, and about 6.8 or so to 60 mph.

6.8 to 60mph wouldn't equate to a mid 14 second 1/4 mile which would more likely be a low 15 second run.
If this is true have the quickest NA MK3 on this forum if you actually have proof since you run what a stock ST does with over 60 more ponies at least at the crank.
Not trying to dispute this but there hasn't been a verified timeslip under 15 seconds for a mildly massaged 3rd gen.

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Is there one for a 2015? Or would a 12 be fine? TBH I'm thinking about just using the rs stock airbox.. because they will never know the difference

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
It all depends on the AH factor - how much of a PITA they want to be about it.

You have to confirm it's listed for your exact model/year with CA to be totally legal. Doesn't matter if it fits, or the engine is identical - it's all in the ppwk.

CARB sticker alone isn't adequate if not listed for your year.

RS cap is LESS likely to pass if the AH factor applies, obviously not std. for your car even if a factory part for something else.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
6.8 to 60mph wouldn't equate to a mid 14 second 1/4 mile which would more likely be a low 15 second run.
If this is true have the quickest NA MK3 on this forum if you actually have proof since you run what a stock ST does with over 60 more ponies at least at the crank.
Not trying to dispute this but there hasn't been a verified timeslip under 15 seconds for a mildly massaged 3rd gen.
I was going to call it out but have gotten to the point where I don't even want to entertain the idea of certain bench racing debates. I'm going to try and do a roll race with a stock 2016 ST next weekend. Last track outing I trapped 94mph. I've added the st exhaust, 180 thermostat, and steeda rear sway bar since then but if he can drive I should still lose by a few car lengths. Those cars have mountains of tq down low and we have none, hence the roll race. Throw a few mods at them and boom, 350 tq at the wheels.

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
I like to call out something that does look like a little BS since anything near a mid 14 second 1/4 mile in a NA MK3 is close to a stock ST with 252hp when we haven't seen a dyno much over 180whp which puts it still under 200 crank horse so with those numbers it would be hard to eclipse even a 15 second flat 1/4 mile without dropping some weight.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Well I just got my Flowmaster Force II delivered on Friday! I'm also getting a dual tip instead of the standard tip that comes with the exhaust! I found a lightly used for about 1,500 miles K&N cold air intake online for $150 so I'm planning on going and picking that up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 29 of 29 Posts